German is taught at all levels in many schools throughout New Zealand. Please check here.
The NCEA qualifications at years 11, 12, and 13 correspond to CEFR (= Common European Framework of Reference) levels A1, A2, and B1, see here.
Learners of German are also able to sit the internationally recognised benchmark examinations offered by the Goethe-Institut.
Among the many schools at which German is offered, five are designated “FIT” schools, part of the world-wide network of PASCH Schulen Partner der Zukunft:
- Pakuranga College in Auckland
- Lynfield College in Auckland
- Burnside High School in Christchurch
- Ashburton College
- John McGlashan College in Dunedin
- Columba College in Dunedin